As the Queen City Softball League winds down the Regular Season, that means only one thing..it’s time for the Playoffs! The format for the 2016 QCSL Playoffs has been set, commencing on July 24, 2016, and ending with the Championship on August 7, 2016.
Seeding for the Playoff Bracket will be determined by the final Regular Season Standings. This season, QCSL will have a “play-in game” featuring the #12 and #13 seeds. The winner of that game will move into the 12-team bracket. The 12-team bracket is a double-elimination tournament.
Note: Due to the odd number of teams (13) in the League this year, the QCSL Executive Board proposed playoff-format options for consideration by all Team Captains. Team Captains have voted on and approved the format outlined above.
2016 Playoff Bracket
The following are rules that are specific to the Playoffs, which are outlined in the QCSL Constitution:
- In order for a player to qualify for the playoffs they must have played in 50% of the total games played throughout the regular season.
- 2016 Playoff Eligibility: 8 games
- Teams will be seeded by winning percentage earned from highest to lowest.
- See Standings for seeding and tie-breaker rules.
- 15 run rule and time limit ARE IN EFFECT.
- If after 7 innings of play there is a tie, the use of the International Tie Breaking Rule will be used.
- “The runner is the last batter to make an out in the previous inning. This runner is placed on second base. At least one full inning is played, allowing each team the same chance to score. If the score remains tied, the same process is used in each inning until a victor emerges”