The league has opened an application period for Treasurer of the 2017 QCSL Executive Board.
To fill the position of Treasurer, the QCSL board will begin taking applications to fill the open position for the 2017 season. Since this position has been vacated mid-term, this position is a ONE YEAR appointment.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, April 7, 2017. In your e-mail, please include why you want to hold the position of Treasurer.
It is important to note that the Treasurer is required to be at Lasalle Park each Sunday by 10:30 am to pay umpires. Please only submit an application if you have reliable transportation and can commit to the time necessary for the duties associated with the position.
- Keep an accurate record of all monies received and disbursed in accordance with the QCSL Executive Board decisions.
- Safeguard the League assets.
- Draw up the accounts of the League and present them for audit no later than the 15th of October following that season’s play.
- Make available to the League a monthly statement of all receipts and disbursements.
- Receive a statement settling accounts for all major events no later than fifteen (15) days after the event. The settling of accounts shall include the submission of all receipts and invoices and a written report from the organizer of the event.
- Be responsible for the timely preparing and filing of appropriate tax returns in accordance with the relevant laws.
- Consult all committees expending League funds.
- Oversee sponsorship and player fees
Holding a position on the Board carries with it a responsibility to represent QCSL members and sponsors and to help guide the league in a manner that adheres to its mission.
For a nomination to be considered, the member must be registered for QCSL and in good standing, which means the member cannot have been suspended, ejected or on probation this year.
The term to fill this open position is one year. Please only submit a nomination if you are committed to fulfill your responsibilities for the length of the term.