Buffalo’s Pride Week is upon us! Running May 31 – June 5, our city has seen this celebration of diversity, inclusion, and respect grow each and every year.
Over 20 years ago, the Queen City Softball League was founded by the LGBTQ community in Buffalo. As such, QCSL does not hold games during this weekend of celebration.
This year’s slate of events look to grow on the increasingly popular week’s worth of activities. The Pride Center of WNY and Evergreen Health Services of WNY, a QCSL sponsor, have posted their list of official Pride Week activities!
- Flag Raising Ceremony – Tuesday, May 31
- Big Gay Sing – Wednesday, June 1
- Gay 5k Run – Thursday, June 2
- Chroma Glow Gallery
- Flex – Friday, June 3
- Dyke March – Saturday, June 4
- Momentum – Saturday, June 4
- Pride Parade – Sunday, June 5
- Pride Festival – Sunday, June 5
- Candlelight Wish Celebration
More information can be found at www.buffalopridefestival.com
Aside from the official events, there are plenty of other things going on during Pride Week here in Buffalo. Businesses and community groups have come out in force to give those filled with Pride many opportunities to see what type of City we live in.
Additional events include:
- ‘P’ Is For Pride… And Poutine
- Trans* Americans Dreamland
- Soulja: Peace & Love Warriors ¡Buen Vivir! Gallery
- Pride in Education Reception
- Ambush Pride Party
- Mr. & Miss Gay Pride Buffalo
- Black Men Talking Pride Picnic
- Pride Or Die
- Pride Weekend Extravaganza
We hope to see members and supporters of QCSL out in force this week. Happy Pride everyone!!!