2019 Board CommissionerJune 1, 2019
The QCSL board would like to thank those who applied for the mid-season opening of the Commissioner position. After a review and consideration of all candidates, the board unanimously selected Scott Ruppert as Commissioner for the remainder of the 2019 season.
Scott most recently served as QCSL’s Assistant Commissioner during the 2017-2018 seasons. Scott’s many years as a member in the league as a team manager and player made him an ideal fit for stepping in for the remainder of the 2019 season.
We encourage all who applied to submit their names for the various open positions that will be subject to league-wide vote at the end of the 2019 season.
The Queen City Softball League has opened an application period for Commissioner of the 2019 QCSL Executive Board.
The league board will begin taking applications from interested members to fill the open position for the 2019 season. Because this position has been vacated mid-term, this position is a ONE YEAR appointment.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail ([email protected]) by Friday, May 24, 2019. In your e-mail, please include a brief bio and describe why you want to hold the position of Commissioner.
It is important to note that the Commissioner is required to be at Lasalle Park each Sunday by 10:30am. Please only submit an application if you have reliable transportation and can commit to the time necessary for the duties associated with the position.
Duties of the Executive Officers
- All members of the Executive have one vote. The commissioner, in the event of a tie, has a second and deciding vote.
- It is the responsibility of all members of the Executive Board to:
- be present regularly at Executive Board meetings,
- to take an active role in participating in the discussion of issues brought before the QCSL Executive Board,
- and to contribute to the implementation of League policies, goals and ongoing activities.
- The Commissioner is the chief officer of the League.
- Calls for and presides over all QCSL Executive Board meetings.
- Shall be responsible to the QCSL Executive Board for administration of all policies of the QCSL Executive Board.
- The Commissioner has full voting privileges at all meetings. In addition, the Commissioner has the tie‐breaking vote in the event of a stalemate.
- The Commissioner is the chief spokesperson and voting member of the League for all events and activities.
Holding a position on the Board carries with it a responsibility to represent QCSL members and sponsors and to help guide the league in a manner that adheres to its mission.
For a nomination to be considered, the member must be registered for QCSL and in good standing, which means the member cannot be suspended, been ejected or been placed on probation this year.
The term to fill this open position is one year. Please only submit a nomination if you are committed to fulfill your responsibilities for the length of the term.