2019 Board ElectionsAugust 6, 2018
The results from the 2018 Elections are as follows:
Commissioner: Matthew Yarger
Secretary: Taylor Huenink
Women’s/Players Representative: Jessica DiPalma
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application, and congratulations to the newly elected board members.
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 QCSL Executive Board!
If a QCSL member wishes to run for one of the open positions on the Board, applications must be submitted via e-mail by Thursday, August 2, 2017 (12:00 PM).
In your e-mail application, please include:
- Position applying for;
- Information about why you would be a good fit for the position;
- Ideas you have to improve QCSL; and
- Confirmation of your availability between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM Sundays during the season.
Holding a position on the Board carries a responsibility to represent QCSL members & sponsors and to help guide the league in a manner that adheres to its mission. For an application to be considered, the member must be in good standing, which means the member cannot have been suspended, ejected, or on probation this year.
Please only submit a nomination if you are committed to fulfill your responsibilities for the length of the 2-year term.
Voting will take place on Sunday, August 5th at the Lasalle Park Softball Diamonds.
In addition to the duties of individual league officers, which are described in detail below, it is the responsibility of all members of the Executive Board to be present at Executive Board meetings, to take an active role in participating in the discussion of issues brought before the QCSL Executive Board, and to contribute to the implementation of league policies, goals and ongoing activities. Board members are expected to be available during the season on Sundays between 10:30 AM – 5:30 PM for shared gameday duties.
Open Positions w/ 2-year terms (2019-2020)
- Act as Chief Officer of the League.
- Call for and preside over all QCSL Executive Board meetings.
- Be responsible to the QCSL Executive Board for administration of all policies of the Board.
- Maintain full voting privileges at all meetings. In addition, the Commissioner has the tie‐breaking vote in the event of a stalemate.
- Act as a spokesperson and voting member of the League for events and activities, unless delegated.
- Keep an accurate record of all proceedings of the QCSL Executive Board.
- Record, prepare and distribute the minutes of all QCSL Executive Board meetings.
- Maintain an up‐to‐date file of all minutes.
- Help the Commissioner in recording speaker sequence during meetings.
- Coordinate with I.T. Administrator to record, collect, & track player fee and application/waiver forms.
- Coordinate with I.T. Administrator for tracking players/teams/games played/MVP/Sportsman.
- Other sdministrative duties.
Women’s/Players Representative (applicants must identify as female)
- Represent the interests of the new players and teams of the League.
- Represent the new players and teams of the League at Executive Board meetings.
- When appropariate, poll membership on key issues before the QCSL Executive Board meetings, and present their findings to ensure adequate information is at hand prior to and Executive vote.
- Solicit/recruit sponsors/players that will strengthen the QCSL and support its objectives.
- Represent the interests of the women of the League.
- Represent the women of the League at the QCSL Executive Board meetings.
- Coordinate with I.T. Administrator to facilitate placement of new players.
- Stay in touch with membership to foster a positive experience in QCSL for members.