2020 Board ElectionsAugust 1, 2019
The Queen City Softball League is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Executive Board!
Holding a position on the Board carries with it a responsibility to represent Queen City Softball League members & sponsors, and to help guide the league in a manner that adheres to our mission. For an application to be considered, the member must be in good standing, which means they are ineligible if they have been suspended, ejected, or on probation during the 2019 season. Please only submit a nomination if you are committed to fulfill your responsibilities for the length of the 2-year term.
If a QCSL member wishes to run for one of the open positions on the Board, applications must be submitted via e-mail by Thursday, August 8, 2019 (12:00 PM). In your e-mail application, please include:
- The position you are applying for;
- Why you would be a good fit for the position;
- Areas to improve QCSL through the position; and
- Confirmation of your availability between 10:00 AM and 5:30 PM Sundays (May-August).
Voting will take place on Sunday, August 11th at the Lasalle Park Softball Diamonds.
Open Positions w/ 1-year term (2020):
- Act as Chief Officer of the League.
- Call for and preside over all QCSL Executive Board meetings.
- Be responsible to the QCSL Executive Board for administration of all policies of the Board.
- Maintain full voting privileges at all meetings.
- Act as tie‐breaking vote in the event of a stalemate.
- Serve as a spokesperson and voting member of the League for events and activities, unless delegated.
Open Positions w/ 2-year term (2020-2021)
- Performs all duties of the Commissioner in case of absence or disability of the Commissioner.
- Assumes the Commissioner’s Chair when it is vacated before the end of the term.
- Promotes QCSL to other groups and individuals who may be unfamiliar with the League, or those who represent potential new members for the League.
- Umpire Liaison; secure contact with an umpire association for the season through a bid process.
- Maintain adequate inventory of game balls, safety bags, and bases.
- Player fee and application/waiver form collection.
- Keep an accurate record of all monies received and disbursed in accordance with the QCSL Executive Board decisions.
- Safeguard the League assets.
- Draw up the accounts of the League and present them for audit no later than the 15th of October following that season’s play.
- Make available to the League a statement of all receipts and disbursements.
- Receive a statement settling accounts for all major events no later than fifteen (15) days after the event. The settling of accounts shall include the submission of all receipts and invoices and a written report from the organizer of the event.
- Be responsible for the timely preparing and filing of appropriate tax returns in accordance with the relevant laws.
- Consult all committees expending League funds.
- Collect sponsorship and player fees
- The financial statement of the League shall contain all receipts and disbursements and indicate financial position.
Fundraising & Sponsor Coordinator
- Responsible for the organization of league-wide QCSL fundraisers.
- Will work closely with the rest of the Board to determine new and creative ways to bring in league income.
- Report on all fundraising events, including income and trends.
- Will be a resource for teams that need guidance on fundraising and deferring team costs.
- Act as liaison to all team and league sponsors.
- Serve as the point person on the Board for all communication with sponsors.
Information Technology Administrator
- Maintain the league’s website and related systems (hosting, e-mail, file sharing, social media, search optimization, etc).
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to improve the website/database based on user and executive committee feedback.
- Update website content, structure, and images in coordination with the executive committee.
- Troubleshoot, locate, and debug potential website issues.
- Track usage statistics, prepare reports, and monitor performance of the website.
- Maintain periodic backups of the website content and database.
- Manage the league’s email messaging, telephony, and document management systems.
- Maintain the league’s use of social media.
- Provide technical direction to the executive committee related to new technologies not utilized by the league.
In addition to the duties of individual league officers, it is the responsibility of all members of the Executive Board to be present at Executive Board meetings, to take an active role in participating in the discussion of issues brought before the QCSL Executive Board, and to contribute to the implementation of league policies, goals and ongoing activities.
Board members are expected to be available during the season on Sundays between 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM for shared game day duties.