2020 Board PositionMarch 6, 2020
The Queen City Softball League has opened an application period for the role of Secretary/Player Representative on the 2020 QCSL Executive Board. Because this position encompasses roles have been vacated mid-term, this position is a ONE-YEAR appointment.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail ([email protected]) by Friday, March 13, 2020. In your e-mail, please include a brief bio and describe why you want to hold the position of Secretary/Player Representative.
It is important to note that board members are required to be at Lasalle Park each Sunday by 10:30am. Please only submit an application if you have reliable transportation and can commit to the time necessary for the duties associated with the position.
Duties of the Executive Officers
- All members of the Executive have one vote. The commissioner, in the event of a tie, has a second and deciding vote.
- It is the responsibility of all members of the Executive Board to:
- be present regularly at Executive Board meetings,
- to take an active role in participating in the discussion of issues brought before the QCSL Executive Board,
- and to contribute to the implementation of League policies, goals and ongoing activities.
- Keep an accurate record of all proceedings of the QCSL Executive Board;
- Record, prepare and distribute the minutes of all QCSL Executive Board meetings to Board Members within one (1) week of the meetings;
- Tracking players/teams/games played/MVP/Sportsperson;
- Communicate with prospective players and team managers to help facilitate new player placements, where appropriate;
- Represent the interests of the new players and teams of the League;
- Main point of contact for player issues & concerns;
- Represent the new players and teams of the League at Executive Board meetings.
Holding a position on the Board carries with it a responsibility to represent QCSL members and sponsors and to help guide the league in a manner that adheres to its mission.
For a nomination to be considered, the member must be registered for QCSL and in good standing, which means the member cannot be suspended, been ejected or been placed on probation this year.
Please only submit a nomination if you are committed to fulfill your responsibilities for the length of the term.